The faculty is organizing a research seminar and a Ph.D. student seminar in the field of Data and Knowledge Engineering. The seminar should provide a scope to invite external referents to further improve the exchange and discussion of research results. This should help especially staff members and Ph.D. students - but also graduates and other students - to compare notes and to familiarize with new topics by having a regularly scheduled discussion. It is also meant to improve the cooperation inside the School of Computer Science.
The seminar is mainly organized by the following groups:
- Data and Knowledge Engineering (ITI, Prof. A. Nürnberger)
- Database Group (ITI, Prof. Gunter Saake)
- Neural Networks and Fuzzy Systems Group (IWS, Prof. R. Kruse)
- Knowledge Based Systems and Document Processing Group (IWS, Prof. D. Rösner)
- Knowledge Management and Discovery in Information Systems (ITI, Prof. M. Spiliopoulou)
Dates and topics can be found on the faculty pages: